Checking Protection Options
The choice is yours, consider these ways to cover overdrafts. You can apply for one or all of these services and have the ultimate protection for your checking account.
Overdraft Protection services apply to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account, or line of credit you may have with us for a fee or finance charge. Please note that the overdraft lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction. Even if you have overdraft protection, Overdraft Privilege is still available for additional coverage if the other protection source is exhausted.
Overdraft Protection (Sweep)
Also known as an Overdraft Transfer or Sweep, this service protects you from having checks and other payments returned or declined for “insufficient funds” by transferring funds you have available from other 360FCU accounts. You instruct us to automatically transfer funds from any of your other 360FCU account if your checking becomes negative. There is a fee charged when this service is used, see the Truth In Savings disclosure for more information.
- totally customizable as to the order of transfer source accounts
- elect to transfer from multiple accounts
Overdraft Protection Line of Credit Loan
The Overdraft Protection Line of Credit protects you from having checks and other payments returned or declined for “insufficient funds” by transferring available funds from the loan to your overdrawn checking account. Loan limits start at $500 and the minimum advance against the line of credit must be $100 or more.
- low interest rate
- pay interest only if you use the LOC
- you must apply and qualify
Overdraft Privilege *
Overdraft Privilege is a service that allows 360FCU to pay checks and other payments when there isn’t enough in the account to cover them. This service becomes the last line of defense against returned or declined items AFTER all other sources have been depleted. We may allow the item to be paid, draw the account negative and charge the current NSF fee. This is a discretionary service that everybody may not qualify for and there is no guarantee that any payments will be paid.
We offer an Extended Overdraft Privilege plan if you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions. Complete the Extended Coverage Consent to authorize us to add the Extended Overdraft Privilege plan to your account.
* Accounts will be charged the standard Overdraft fee of $35 for handling each overdraft created by check, ACH, Point-of-Sale, ATM withdrawal, in-person withdrawal, or other electronic item that is paid and $35 for NSF items returned. An overdrawn balance must be repaid within 30 days. We may not pay items under your Overdraft Privilege if you do not maintain your account in good standing by bringing your account to a positive balance within every thirty (30) day period for a minimum of 24 hours, if you default on any loan or other obligation to 360FCU or if your account is subject to any legal or administrative order or levy.